Good governance, achieved by integrating, coordinating and balancing the five functions of governance will lead to good management outcomes, but governance functions are different from management functions.
- Determining the objectives of the organization
- Determining the ethics of the organization;
- Creating the culture of the organization
- Ensuring compliance by the organization
- Designing and implementing the governance framework for the organization 
Project Management Functions allow for oversight on major programs where accountability is a key criterion.
This is accomplished through effective Project Management Processes such as:
- Owner’s Representative Role
- Managing a P.M.O.
- Project Controls & Reporting
- Financial Controls & Reporting
- Contract Management & Controls
- Quality Assurance